Every year world celebrates World Environment Day on 5th of June.World Environment Day (WED) is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.
The agenda is to give a human face to environmental issues; empower people to become active agents of sustainable and equitable development; promote an understanding that communities are pivotal to changing attitudes towards environmental issues; and advocate partnership which will ensure all nations and peoples enjoy a safer and more prosperous future.
Many Species. One Planet. One Future.
The year 2010 has been designated the International Year of Biodiversity by the U.N., with the theme “Biodiversity is Life - Biodiversity is Our Life”.
U.N.E.P. etimates that the world contains between 5 million and 100 million species. Scientists have thus far identified only about 2 million species. Of these, 17,291 species are known to be threatened with extinction -- primarily because of human activity, such as clearing of forests, draining of wetlands, over-fishing, and emissions of heat-trapping gasses that cause warming of the Earth.
A/C to UNEP “A world without biodiversity is a very bleak prospect. Millions of people and millions of species all share the same planet, and only together can we enjoy a safer and more prosperous future,”
Please use these methods in your day to day life to save the Environment.
1. Reduce my power consumption by turning off the lights when they are not being used.
2. Install a water efficient shower head.
3. Turn off computers when not in use.
4. Reduce my petrol/diesel consumption by traveling by public transport or by walking.
5. Set my washing machine to wash clothes in cold water.
6. Increase my re-use and recycling, refusing to buy packaging.
7. Take re-useable shopping bags to the supermarket.
8. Investigate ways to off-set my carbon footprint.
9. Switch to “green power.
10.Switch off a light and see if you can still work comfortably. Most of the times we have too many lights on in our offices and home.
Bharat Interface For Money ( BHIM ) - *What is BHIM app?* With the BHIM app, anyone can send or request money through the app to make a digital payment. The app is linked to your bank account...
9 months ago